Effective Date: September 29, 2004
Information Collection and Use
MedImmune measures the performance of its Websites in order to determine how we can improve and expand upon the content and services we provide. We have designed our Websites so that you are not required to provide any personally identifiable information unless you are requesting access to certain options and services. We, along with our third party partners engaged to provide marketing and advertising on our behalf, only collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide to us. You may choose at any time not to provide personally identifiable information, although this may restrict our ability to provide requested services or information.
The following is personally identifiable information that you may volunteer to provide to us and examples of how we use such information:
- Registration: If you complete a registration form on our Website, including any forms required to submit your personally identifiable information for employment opportunities, we will use the personally identifiable information in such forms to process your request for services and information. Personally identifiable information may also be used if you request to receive certain information via fax or email. We may use this information to send you a welcome email; to verify your username and password; to provide information about Website updates, special offers; and to provide other responsive information to the data you share with us. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our Websites.
- Questionnaires and Surveys: Personally identifiable information will be obtained from you if you choose to participate in our interactive services, including questionnaires and web surveys. We may use this personally identifiable information to provide you with information and services for which you have expressed an interest based on your answers. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our Websites.
- Email Notifications and Newsletters: We may use information obtained from you, such as contact information (name and email address), to complete your submitted request to receive specific company information, such as e-mail notifications, literature requests, and newsletter subscriptions.
- Request to Email Information to a Friend: If you elect to use our referral services and provide information for us to contact a family member or friend, we may use the personally identifiable information obtained from you regarding your family member or friend to send them a one-time email inviting them to visit our Website. Personally identifiable information provided by you may also be used to inform the recipient of your (the sender's) name. We may store this information for the purpose of sending this email.
Protecting Your Information
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not, by itself, identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about the use of our Website by our visitors. This information is then compiled and analyzed in a way that does not identify our visitors personally. The information may include the referring Uniform Resource Locator (URL), indicating from where a visitor to our Website has come, which URLs have been visited on our Website and in what order, what browser is being used, and what Internet Protocol (IP) address a visitor used to get to our Website. We may also use such information for Website and system administration.
- Linked Websites: We sometimes provide links to third-party Websites. You acknowledge that such links are provided for your convenience only and do not constitute an endorsement by MedImmune of such third-party Websites. Since we do not control these Websites, we assume no responsibility for the privacy practices of such Websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on those, and all, third-party Websites.
The personal information you provide online is retained for no longer than is necessary, depending on the purpose for which it is held, and is electronically stored on a secure server. We protect the personal information you share with us. Access to your personal information is limited only to those MedImmune employees and third-party partners, all of whom are required to keep your information confidential. MedImmune does not sell, loan, trade or lease any personal information collected on our Websites.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure proper use of your personally identifiable information, MedImmune and its third-party partners employ appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, consistent with industry practices.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have personally identifiable information about a child under the age of 18 we will delete that information. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to register to obtain further information or be included in a survey, your parent or legal guardian must register.
Choice to Opt-In
We would like to send you information about our company and our products, but only if you wish to receive such information. When you register on our Website, you will be given the choice to 'opt-in' to receiving such information from our Website.
Choice to Opt-Out
If at any subsequent time, you wish to stop receiving information from us, or to have your name and other personal information removed from our Website, please reply to sender or forward the e-mail to our web administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating your desire to opt-out by typing "Remove" in the subject line. Please note that this 'opt-out' strategy only applies to information provided from our Website.
If you have any questions relating to your choice to 'opt-out' at any time, please Contact Us.